Full width home advertisement

News

Fashion

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Sports

Theo Walcott Insists He Isn't Worried About Sealing New Arsenal Deal


Theo Walcott Insists He Isn't Worried About Sealing New Arsenal Deal, Sports, Arsenal, Arsene Wenger, Theo Walcott, Gunners

Theo Walcott will be 10 years as an Arsenal player in January, and by that time he would like to be half-way towards a goal target of 20, challenging for the title and committed to a new contract.

Walcott is into the last year of his existing deal, he wants to stay and admits he is happy to start the campaign with his long-term future still undetermined.

Talks will soon re-open as club officials are back from the team’s tour to Singapore and Arsene Wenger has spent the last few days giving off positive vibes about a player he signed at the age of 16.



Arsenal defeated Everton 3-1 in Barclays Asia Trophy pre-season game where Theo Walcott scored opener before Mesut Ozil and Santi Cazorla netted.


'If it happens, it happens,' said Walcott. 'I’m comfortable with it, definitely. It’s not in my thought process and I think that’s the best way to be. You don’t want to dwell on it. You want to play well.

'I enjoy playing for this club. My agent has talked to the club. So I’m just letting them crack on with things and I’ll continue playing football. We’ll just play the waiting game and see what happens but I’m sure it won’t be long.

'I won’t let that delay me, or change the way I’m going to be playing. I can’t let that affect me. I want to do well for this club.'

Walcott has become Arsenal’s longest-serving player since Abou Diaby left at the end of last season, and anxious to make up for time lost to a serious knee injury in the last 18 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

Colorlib